Everyone must have the access to safe and pure drinking water to prevent various diseases and the intake of harmful chemicals which are present in your direct water source. There are different types of purifiers and the most underrated ones are the under-sink water purifiers. The under-sink water purifiers are exactly like your generic purifiers with the exception that you could install them under your kitchen sink to save up the space.
One of the most talked about under-sink water purifiers is the extremely efficient CuZn UC-200 which is a perfect model for big households or if you do not frequently want to change your water filter. It is a high-capacity Under-sink water filter that is bound to fulfill all your needs. In this article, we will discuss the CuZn UC-200 in detail and help you make a decision which works the best for you.
Who Needs The Cuzn UC-200 Water Filter?
The CuZn UC-200 is undoubtedly a perfect fit for the larger households and for those who do not want to change their filter after every two months. Not only that but also it is a perfect model for the people who want their water filter to work out of sight and to save room in their kitchen. Your kitchen space will be reduced heavily when you install this in your kitchen because it could fit easily under your sink. If you are tired of replacing your water filter every two months, then you ought to get your hands on this product and save yourself frequent trips to the water filter companies.
Why We Recommend The Cuzn UC-200 Water Filter
The CuZn UC-200 becomes a must-have if you want an under-sink water filter because it removes chlorine from your water source and gives you healthy water for drinking. But that is not the only upside of buying the CuZn UC-200, there are other reasons why you must at least have the model in your check-list. The reasons why we recommend the product are:
- Filtering Performance
The first thing a user sees before buying any water filter, no matter what company water filter it is or what type of a water filter it is, is the filtering performance of that water filter. When it comes to that, the CuZn UC-200 aces everything because it has a high-quality filtering performance which helps the users get a naturally fresh taste of water. The CuZn UC-200 uses three filters to clean the water which are:
- Micro Sediment Membranes: Here, the particles such as silt, rust, and sediment are filtered out.
- Coconut Shell Carbon Filter: With the help of this filter, the heavy metals, chlorine, and other organic chemicals are filtered out of your water source.
- KDF-55: This filter prevents the bacteria from reproducing and is termed as a bacterio static filter. This ensures that the bacteria or mold do not grow on your filter and end up getting into your water.
The CuZn UC-200 adheres to two of the most important standards which shows how high the product performance is:
- NSF standard 42: This one ensures that the aesthetic qualities of the water such as the smell, taste, and appearance, are enhanced by removing various substances like sediment and chlorine.
- NSF standard 61: Here, it is ensured that the components and minerals that are used in water treatment products are safe and of high quality.
However, if you are looking for a water filter that removes chloramine or TDS (total dissolved solids), then we recommend you to stay out of this product because the CuZn UC-200 only removes chlorine from the water. It is not a big issue if you are using city water, but you must avoid it if you use well water. If you want to remove Chloramine from your water, then you can check the CuZn UC-290-85 model out.
Also, we recommend you to now use this under-sink water filter with untreated water as it might contain some waterborne microbes which are not filtered out by the CuZn UC-200.
- High Filter Capacity
What gives the CuZn UC-200 Under-sink Water Purifier an edge over other water purifiers is the fact that the cartridges have the capability to last for about 5 years, unlike others that last for 6 to 12 months. With this, you do not have to replace it once or twice a year. The capacity of this water filter is 50,000 gallons which means that, on an average, a family can use about 10,000 gallons of water every year which is a huge amount.
However, you have to jot down the date when you installed the filter because the model does not come with a filter life indicator. You have to replace the cartridge after using the model for 5 years. In any case, if you forget to change the cartridge, you could still figure out when to replace your cartridge because after 5 years, the water will start tasting bad.
One of the major benefits of buying the CuZn UC-200 under-sink water filter is that you do not have to call a plumber for the installation. You can do so yourself easily and the filter will be up and running in about an hour. You do not have to drill any hole in your wall to get a separate faucet on the sink as the filter directly connects to the cold water line which is there under your sink. One of the best things about the CuZn UC-200 is that you can get a modified installation kit according to your wish. For those of you who do not have a standard plumbing, you can simply contact their customer support and you will get all the necessary equipment you need for your installation process. With this, the company assures that your water filter is placed perfectly. However, one thing about this water filter is that it is bigger than one expects it to be and at times, a lot of customers found it quite difficult to fit this water filter under their sink.
When it comes to the maintenance of the UC-200, the cost becomes virtually zero because after you install it, you do not need to replace the cartridge for the next 5 years. You can easily replace the cartridge here and such convenience is hardly offered by other water filters. The main unit of this under-sink water filter is the cartridge and you simply have to remove the hoses and connect them to the cartridge. However, the company does not sell the replacement filter and the user often buys the same unit again which becomes a little expensive to pay for one time, but when you break it down to the tenure, it actually is a pretty good deal.
Cuzn UC-200 Water Filter Alternatives
If the CuZn UC-200 does not fulfill all your needs, then we have some alternate choices for you to consider as well, these choices are:
1. Waterdrop 15UA Under Sink Water Filter System
What makes the Waterdrop 15UA Under Sink Water Filter System one of the best options for you to have is that it has a five-stage filtration system which ensures that the contaminants in your water are removed and you get access to safe and clean drinking water.
2. Frizzlife Under Sink Water Filter System
Another top-tier choice for you to consider is the Frizzlife Under Sink Water Filter System as it is an economical and environment-friendly water filter system. Moreover, it gets rid of 99.99% of lead which is present in your water source.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How much does CuZn UC-200 weigh?
The weight of this model is about 8 lbs.
Q. What are the dimensions of this model?
The dimensions of this model are 4.5″ width, 4.5″ length, 15″ height.
Q. At the end of 5 years, is the entire unit replaced?
Yes, at the end of 5 years, the entire unit is replaced instead of just the cartridge.
Q. Do you have to mount the water filter horizontally?
For best results, it is advisable that you install the UC-200 standing on its base.
Q. Does the UC-200 have an NSF certification?
Yes, the UC-200 adheres to NSF Standards 42 and 61.
A Final Word
Having an under-sink water system is definitely a smart choice, especially because they last for a longer time and are perfect for small households. These end up saving your money in the long run and you do not have to replace the cartridge twice a year.
- Incredible Capacity and Lifespan, Up to 5 Years per Filter; CuZn Backs the UC-200’s Long Lasting Performance With a Comprehensive 5 Year Prorated Performance Warranty, Call or Email CuZn for Warranty Replacement if Early Expiration Occurs; the UC-200 Is for Municipal Water Only; Do Not Use With Private Well Water; the UC-200 Is a Water Purifier, the UC-200 Does Not Soften Water; the UC-200 Will Not Resolve Issues Caused by Excessively Hard Water Like Lime Scale Mineral Deposits on Tea Kettles
- Simple To Install; the UC-200 Is Designed for Direct Connect to the Main Kitchen Sink Cold Water Line; No Drilling Through the Countertop To Mount an Extra Filter Dispenser Faucet Required; How To Install Video Tutorial Instructions Available Online; If You Have Non-Standard Under Counter Plumbing Connection Issues, Simply Call or Email CuZn’s Customer Support; CuZn Will Provide Any and All Additional Adapters Required To Complete Your Installation at No Additional Cost to You
Last update on 2021-02-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. BambooBottleCo is user-supported. We might receive a commission on any purchase you make through clicking links on this story.